Total number of hits on all images: 7,135,324
- 1/14 Tamiya Quick Drive (QD) MONSTER BEETLE
- (185 images)
- Hits: 6,907
This is the classic 1989 1/14 scale QD Monster Beetle from TAMIYA 'Quick Drive' series, its the smaller and affordable version of Moster Beetle series. I got this model from my friend few years back and it was in very bad and poor condition until early year 2020 i've decided to give it a go to restore and improve the overall looks to more updates version of radio control moster truck. Lots of work have been put to re-build it including cutting some part of the chassis, replacing some parts, reinforced structure of the axle, painting, fabricating and also enhance the outlook to make it a head turner for any scaler enthusiast. After 2 days of re-build works this classic QD Monster Beetle reborn with radical and mature appearance!
- 1/10 AXIAL custom build 2.2 comp
- (305 images)
- Hits: 14,510
I got this 1:10 scale AXIAL chassis from my friend back late 2019 which sold to me as uncompleted kit which is build upon mixture of random parts from 2.2 sized AX-10, Wraith or something from Ridgecrest. Fundamentally this is comp version which runs on 2.2 size wheels which means its bigger than 1.9 trial crawler; has bigger wider axle and tires for serious competition style crawling. Fortunately the one i got already have good upgraded hop-up parts attached on the axles and its also comes with home made welded steel hardened Baja Buggy style roll cage and straight line chassis. But on the flips side the previous owner didn't put the proper parts which qualified minimum as a crawler so initially everything on this build was wrong in the first place such as the suspension damper, drive shaft axle orientation and wrong lingkages..for me its an easy fix since i have box load of replacement parts and tools to get the job done right. My plans for this custom made 2.2 comp style AXIAL is to convert into scaler comp ground FPV crawler for serious rock climbing and jungle exploration in all weather condition which is something what my other FPV model can't. The project kick off on January 2020, hopefullt this crawler will bring FPV fun driving to a whole new level.
- 1/10 AXIAL SCX-10 JEEP crawler
- (144 images)
- Hits: 13,754
Originally a 1:10 scale AXIAL SCX10 platform then fully upgraded with alloy parts and carbon chassis all over, i forgot the brand of the parts i used to replaced the stock SCX10 but definitely shows sharp solid quality build by the third party manufacturer...yes feels more heavy than stock too. Also i did a scale mods using hard body 4 door JEEP body added two G.I Joe figurine to keep up with more aesthetic looks. The scale looking classic steel wheels are from AUSTAR brand. My SCX10 JEEP runs on stock 540 size 55t brushed motor, Hobby Wing WP-1040 ESC, 2s 4500mah li-po battery pack, JX Digital MG servo and FLYSKY GT3B radio unit. Overall i love the trail and rock climbing performance of this model; not as close to comp crawler performance yet enough to keep it at 'scaler 4x4' level but definitely most heaviest 1:10 scale models in my collection and the only models that more aesthetic details both internal and externally. If i'm going out for R/C 4x4 scaler club activities this SCX-10 JEEP will always be my 1st choice to put on the show.
- 1/32 Orlandoo Defender 110 OH32A03 4WD Crawler
- (451 images)
- Hits: 38,165
This is the fourth release from ORLANDOO 1:32 scale micro crawler. Its the 1:32 Orlandoo Defender 110 OH32A03. Was sent over by banggood.com for my special build and review. Overall build and crawling performance surpasses my expectation and definately perform better than the previous release the OH32A02 Pajero despite both have the same mass, chassis type, wheelbase and tire traction. The only differences between these two is that OH32A02 Defender has shorter rear bumper as measured from rear end to rear rear wheel which give advantages of high AOA (Angle Of Attack) climbing performance.
For more info please read the review article for the following product at our News & Review section (Click Here).
- 1/10 Team-C TC02 buggy
- (15 images)
- Hits: 3,623
- This are my favorite 2WD 'go to bashing' and racing buggy when ever i go out to socially R/C racing with other members or at race track. I have 2 unit; both stock and pro kit purchased from fellow club member who retired from R/C scene. These are excellent racing, good jumping CG, nice chassis layout, rigid back motor transmission and handling performance is very predictable with my good old SANWA M11X controller. With brushless motor power its a blast to race around and good for people who love 2WD style power slide. For your info this chassis buggy design also share the same design HuanQi 739 buggy which i placed it at the review gallery. So it means i have 3x unit of same platform....good for me.
- 1/32 Orlandoo Pajero OH32A02 4WD Crawler
- (188 images)
- Hits: 23,330
This is the 3rd releases from ORLANDOO series of micro 4WD models the 1/32 Orlandoo Pajero OH32A02 which share similar base chassis structure like the 2nd release the Jeep OH35A01. The Pajero chassis slightly longer and the plastic are more rigid than previous batch. I bought in March 2018 to complete the series line collection of Orlandoo models. Well the more the better, it would look awesome with Pajero, F150 and Jeep running along side by side together for adventurous indoor crawling on my custom track.
- 1/16 WPL C14 4WD Truck
- (100 images)
- Hits: 13,918
The most cheapest and scaled looking truck i've ever seen while stumble my way window shopping at local hobby on April 2018. So cheap so i picked up multiple boxes just for being curious and enthusiasm for scale 4x4 R/C crawler models. Although being cheapest has its drawback having non-hobby grade electronics fortunately the chassis kit itself able to support/replaced with high grade radio, proper servo and esc but the highlight why this kit is popular among R/C crawler community was because it has solid realistic replica of old TOYOTA HILUX looks, hard plastic body scale, interior cockpits and overall scaled realistic chassis structure. For me it was worth buying sacrificing 2 days worth bucket of KFC chicken wings. All that was left is some electronics mods and air brush painting for extra realism.
- 1/35 Orlandoo F150 OH35P01 4WD Crawler
- (144 images)
- Hits: 19,037
This is the early version of ORLANDOO 1/35 scale F150 OH35P01 4WD Crawler, has longer wheelbase than the OH35A01 (Jeep) version and tub style chassis instead of rail chassis. Just like the Jeep version this F150 is also fun to drive around the desktop and on my mini portable custom rock crawling rack with slight difficulty during cornering due to longer chassis configuration. Still its an epic micro R/C truck to add into lines of ORLANDOO collection.
Link: Details about 1/35 Orlandoo F150 OH35P01 4WD Crawler kit
- 1/10 Tamiya MONSTER BEETLE
- (206 images)
- Hits: 18,343
- There is one classic 1980's R/C monster truck that stands out the most among the rest, its the Tamiya MONSTER BEETLE and was my childhood crush when i saw one inside the TAMIYA catalogue book which is the only media item i could able to purchase just to get myself dive into the world of R/C... of course there's no such thing as internet back then so the booklet helps me to drool all day. The MONSTER BEETLE originally was released in the year 1986 few days before Christmas and then re-release it again in 2015 with minor changes to sponsor decals due to copyright reasons however retain its Volkswagen logo on the hood. The MONSTER BEETLE was a piece of beauty with highly detailed Volkswagen beetle bodyshell, spiked moster tractor style tyre like the BLACKFOOT and eye candy shiny gold chromed wheels. It share the same based platform as the BLACKFOOT with different body shell and more radical grippy tyres. Unlike much change made to re-release version of BLACKFOOT over decades the MONSTER BEETLE still retain the same cosmetic appearance much like its original ones 3 decades ago. As i grew older and had my hands on these classic nostalgia package it really me appreciate this piece of historic momentos from the past what R/C life was about for me. Despite being classic and vintage by today standard the MONSTER BEETLE still the best looking Monster R/C car and yes its a rare yet valuable collectibles among R/C enthsiasts....yes my precious!
- 1/10 Tamiya BLACKFOOT
- (165 images)
- Hits: 16,591
- The mid 1980's saw the rise of scale Monster Truck craze from TAMIYA especially from its dominant rival competitors from MARUI but TAMIYA push up more with lines of beautiful scale monster trucks to keep them above the R/C pyramid. One of the first R/C grade monster truck i saw was the BLACKFOOT, black red theme color with stricking Caterpillar yellow tractor like wheels make its appearance around the track more striking and tempting...very 80's especially lots of TV series and movie came out lots of truck scenes on TV back then (Hint: The Fall Guy). It was first release in the late 1986, was originally named as TAMIYA FORD F-150 RANGER BLACKFOOT. It has original authentic bodyshell design replica of FORD F-150 and decorated with real life sponsor decals especially the striking big BFGOODRICH, KC DAYLIGHTER and FORD labels around its body kit. BLACKFOOT main chassis is based on same platform use by THE FROG buggy used in 1983. However these BLACKFOOT only available between 1986 till 1982 and later re-release in later 2016 dropped the used of replica labels/decal probably due to copyright reason and did some design modification to its body front grill and remove the FORD emblem, yet it still retain THE FROG platform and overall cosmetic theme. More than 3 decades later i pick the kit and enjoy being part of classic history of R/C monter truck world, by today standard it does looks really good, technically interesting to build and fun to drive.
- 1/10 Tamiya THE HORNET
- (117 images)
- Hits: 14,835
- I saw THE HORNET back in 1986 when my uncle had one at his hangar. Originally it was release in the late 1984 few months prior of the THE GRASSHOPPER debut. This model is a step up intermediate level competitive R/C buggy grade from its early sibling THE GRASSHOPPER despite having the same chassis type but with improve upgrades such as rear oil damper shocks, adjustable front suspension, 540 size MABUCHI brushed motor, lighweight Lexan type bodyshell and classic rear spikey/studded sand tyres. 30 years later TAMIYA company re-release this classic model and i bought one for myself to compliment along my existing GRASSHOOPER and for the sake of memories of my childhood days. Love the box art too.
- 1/10 Tamiya THE GRASSHOPPER
- (145 images)
- Hits: 18,529
- This is definately one of the iconic and recognizable scale R/C buggy in 1984 for those who've lived in those golden days, i was about 7 years old when i see one of this buggy roam about the beach track as people race around with couple of R/C enthusiast. An entry level buggy kit for starters back then, quite slow since it running on 380 brushed size motor for a chassis at 1:10 scale yet sturdy enough for bashing and it has scale like solid hard body shell compare to later models. Tub chassis, rear one piece swing axle, classic sand paddle tyres and nice body design as if it exist in real life. More than 30 years later TAMIYA company have re-release the model to the public for those favor for its memorable classic value, so i picked it up the kit for the sake of my childhood days. Today its still the best scale looking buggy in R/C world.
- 1/18 Hobby King - TURNIGY 4WD truggy
- (41 images)
- Hits: 9,824
- It's fun 1/18 truck and out of box its already really fast on the drirt track. Lighweight, simple wide chassis and if you're fan drifting and power slide around the dirt then this 4WD model is a portable gold...you can tell it from the way they (manufacturer) design the tyre. I added extra gyro which i ripped out from ESKY helicopter gyro to self stabilized the steering servo and its a really good at straight line off-road racing.
- 1/18 Nanda NRX-18, X-Ray M18, HaiBoxing HBX-18, HuanQi M18, LRP SHARK 18
- (157 images)
- Hits: 15,774
- Collection of my hardcore days of flat tarmac and indoor racing on 1/18 scale on-road models using popular 1/18 platform the M18 and NRX-18 followed by other compatible as mentioned above title except the LRP SHARK 18 event at same scale category. Today they are still popular platform for serious racing both local and international level and i always keeps lots of spares tyres and suspension arm set since most of the parts worn out easily after a few laps no thanks to high "G" force turns and overpowered brushless motors on such a small platform. These are my thrills for speed and loving it.
- 1/16 HuanQi 4WS Monster Truck mods
- (53 images)
- Hits: 11,056
- I forgot what is the real model type name of this 1/16 scale HuanQi truck but i do know its one of my oldest models i modded into serious rock crawler because it has a 4WS (4 wheel steering). Originally it has a wheelie bar and it does wheelies on stock. After modded into rock crawler it excel well in every terrain it encounter. Great truck to do modification works.
- 1/43 YOKOMO NanoLQ Rock Crawler
- (220 images)
- Hits: 22,294
- Definately the most smallest commercial production R/C Rock Crawler on the market and in the world in the early 2011 which i quickly grab off the shelf and one of the most unique from YOKOMO brand Japan. Its MOA (Motor On Axle) configuration, semi-proportional steering and controlled via infra-red. Has great traction on the tyres, highly articulated axle movement and climbs almost everything for a palm size model. Its also a great platform for scale DIY crawler models since its wheels base width can be of any size because of MOA axle which makes it easie for miniature chassis customization. Slowly i've upograded with quality hobby grade electronics, servo and others to make it worthy. Today the NanoQLO is a rare model since it was short lived in the market and no longer in the production. I'm really glad to own this tiny R/C engineering marvel.
- 1/18 Anderson MB4, LRP Shark 18, Duratrax Vendetta
- (42 images)
- Hits: 8,960
- These are collection of my favorite 1/18 size off-roader from the brand model: Anderson MB4, LRP SHARK 18 and Duratrax Vendetta which all there actually are the same platform but different branding (re-branding). Although 1/18 but they are slightly bigger that intended scale can be confusing scale category unlike popular 1/18 size off-roader such as the Team Associated RC18 platform. I used to race these MB4s a lot back then with buddies and excell both indoor and outdoor tracks. Lots of fun and happy nostalgia little off-roader plus they are packed with high tech electronics and hardware in a small chassis. Serious powerfull racer.
- 1/24 Kyosho Mini-Z, X-mods, Firelap and compatibles
- (102 images)
- Hits: 13,970
- These are collection of my good old classic mini R/C models mostly from KYOSHO Mini-Z, Firelap, X-mods and other DIY using the mentioned platform. They are actually highly precision R/C grade models in small size and quite expensive back in the days when it was popular somewhere in the early year 2000 and some still thrive and active in racing community especially for KYOSHO Mini-Z platform because of their details scale bodies or AUTOSCALE qualities.
- 1/10 Wl-toys K949 aka Vaterra Twin Hammer
- (476 images)
- Hits: 60,030
- This is actually exact clone version of VATERRA TWIN HAMMER, its Wl-toys K949 also known by other rebranded version as the Hobby King A333. I bought it since its affordable version of the original VATERRA platform. I must say its well made, almost waterproof proof electronics. Nice stock 3CH RTR radio unit that looks like a FUTABA like latest controller. This crawler or rock racer category truck is extremely capable all terrain performer than comes with 2 speed transmission for both rock racing and serious crawling modes. All i can say it great value for my pocket. Unfortunately its discontinue by the end year of 2016 probably due to right to manufacture or maybe to removal rival product against original VT products. FYI the Feiyue FYO3 also miniature version of this platform with same physic but at smaller scale which make a nice complimentary model side by side with the K949 in my hangar.
- 1/35 Orlandoo OH35A01 4WD Crawler
- (326 images)
- Hits: 59,454
This is one of my favorite everyday desktop 1/35 scale micro rock crawler: "ORLANDOO OH35A01 4WD Crawler". Extremely tiny size R/C 4wd platform and a joy to drive on my table with lots of challenging obstacles to drive around. Btw its pain in the ass to build since all the parts from the kit box is extremely tiny and hard to build even with normal size finger. Required some airbrushing work too. But at the end it was all worth it and nice to have truck. What i see on my table was bunch of muddy tracks, jungles, hills and valleys...this tiny trucks rolls and crawls!
- 1/10 Kyosho SAND MASTER
- (44 images)
- Hits: 9,383
So i got this from my buddy local R/C shop. Its 1/10 scale Kyosho SAND MASTER. 2WD transmission, bunch of plastics parts construction yet much better and durable than average bash buggy on the market. But hey its a KYOSHO model!, i pay premium for it yet consider the fact its low end version in lines of buggies its still affordable as RTR package. I bought it because it looks very scale vintage style to actual real sand buggy and consider the fact some part of the design is an off-shoot KYOSHO's version of their expensive vintage old SAND MASTER, OPTIMA series and SCORPION. So i bought it for its realistic looks or closest off-roader thing to their predecessor. I'll be dumping more latest photos as i enjoy more out of it so keep visiting the gallery.
- 1/24 Basher Rocksta FPV micro crawler
- (146 images)
- Hits: 37,179
This is Hobby King's 1/24 scale micro size rock crawler: BASHER ROCKSTA, which i converted into simple FPV setup for fun size indoor adventure driving and crawling around the room, desktop or even outdoors. For its size it can overcome lots of impossible obstacles such as boxes, bag, rocks, books and many other stuff running across your imagination. I built this because i need something to keep me FPV around the house even if i can't fly outside all day or during raining or gloomy season. Its the most simple FPV equiped ground based 4WD models, cheap and also great for adventurous modeler for immersive environment driving on your palm. You can build one too.
- 1/10 Tamiya WILD WILLY 2 - Special collection
- (579 images)
- Hits: 41,041
For any veteran R/C modelers of the 80's how could they forget this Tamiya's iconic legend, the WILD WILLY generation. This is the second re-release edition renamed WILD WILLY 2 to re-lived the good days of 80's. This is my most precious R/C models in all my collection because it links to my childhood memories and nostalgic moments having to see this box art outside the hobby shop windows when i was a kid and seeing it action as my uncle owns one and drive around the yard wheelie effortlessly. More than 30 years later here i am unboxing it, assemble and paint it to live back to my glory young days. Flash back into the past to re-lived the great moment of my childhood days.
- 1/16 CEN Mini Madness
- (41 images)
- Hits: 11,341
- This is my first and the last ground based FPV in 2011. Its a 2WD 1/16 scale monster truck "MINI MADNESS" by "CEN Racing" modified to carry my FPV gear in my attempt to experience ground FPV driving. 30 minutes later it was a let down because it wasn't providing a good visual point especially beyond 15 meter view over obstacles. Its hard to see obstacle further out and felt too crowded on the ground unlike being up in the air where i can see where i'am going. Felt like driving a moon rover or martian NASA probe outlander. The truck are stocks and FPV are basically made of 420TVL CCD cam on pan-tilt mechanism link to my video goggle with head tracking capability. Video and radio transmission effective at 1 km range.
- Other ground models collections
- (666 images)
- Hits: 76,964
Here are my other R/C ground based models from the early days to recent which i simply dump here for historical reference. For special models and my project based you might need to find outside this section. Enjoy the galleries.